Monday, December 22, 2008

Working From Home

Working from home should not hinder your productivity one bit with all of the technology available. You should have access to all of your candidates information through databases, you can still make your calls on a personal line. If you have face to face meetings or interviews, these can still be conducted over a web cam. Often final rounds of interviews involve negotiations and culture fit discussions and you loose the advantage if you can not see your opponent, invest in a web cam, they are only around $20.00 now.

Finally I find it much easier to stay productive by having a dedicated home office. It is set up much like my office at work so once I get into the swing of the day I do not notice any differences in how I conduct my daily tasks. If you are dedicated and driven you can use bad weather and working from home to your advantage, because chances are people will be slacking off. If you are one of those who isn't viewing being snowed in as a vacation day then you will have the advantage over your competitors. Stay creative and aggressive to find ways to complete all of your normal tasks.

No comments: