Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Identify and promote your personal brand

It is important to think of the bigger picture and beyond your current situation. Who you align yourself with now will determine the opportunities and networks you will have down the road. If you can put a concrete stamp on who you are as a recruiter and what you bring to the table, then you have a brand. Recruiting is as much of an art as it is a job and to excel at it you must perfect and master the finer points of the craft that so many people overlook. Once you have perfected your methods, that is your brand.

My personal brand is I offer a blend of traditional recruiting methods that have been proven effective over the years with the newest cutting edge technology of social networking. It is what I do. I can develop long term loyal candidates who become friends while simultaneously marketing myself and my company. I have found it is very important when looking for technology to further my brand to investigate, and really get to see if it reflects the values I have determined as part of my brand. If the next new bright shiny object technology does not reflect or take into account what I deem valuable, I will not use it.

All recruiters need to be honest and to identify exactly what makes them unique, special and valuable. If you go to any job boards right now you will see that there are countless recruiters out there looking for work, how does one set themselves apart from another? The development of a brand makes you an asset and not just a head count.

No comments: